In addition to Antennas and Wireless Communications, MEI regularly develops Software, Firmware and Programmable Hardware for the applications listed below. Our preferred firmware platforms are any DSP chip and Microchip PIC16Cxx and PIC17C4x families of processors (MEI is an authorized Design Consultant for all Microchip microcontrollers.) Our preferred software platforms are any IBM compatible (WindowsOS or DOS) operating either in a stand alone or client-server environment. Our preferred programmable hardware platforms are Xilinx FPGA and CPLD.
DSP – Software Services
Hardware, Software and Firmware Development
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Modulator/Demodulator (MODEM)
- Adaptive Real-Time Control
- Numerically Intensive Routines and Operations
- Simulation, Emulation and Computer Aided Engineering
- Data Analysis and Reduction
- Automatic Test Systems for Production/Quality Control Environments
- Embedded Processors for RF, Communications and Instrumentation
- Supervisory, Control and Data Acquisition
- Authorized Design Consultant, Microchip Technology (Microcontrollers)
- BASIC (PowerBasic, Visual BASIC, etc.)
Other languages are supported, such as PASCAL, C, Java, etc., but are not utilized on a regular basis.